The BILSTEIN B16 PSS10 KIT is the ultimate race inspired suspension system, delivering unsurpassed driving performance in any situation. This kit puts you in complete control, providing the kind of precise suspension tuning formerly available only on race cars.
From a weekend of competition to daily driving, this system provides perfect handling performance for every situation. The manually adjustable damping mono-tube gas shock absorbers feature 10-stage precise compression and rebound settings, from comfort to competition. Bilstein utilizes debris resistant round threads on these dampers to ensure spring adjustment remains effortless throughout the life of the kit. The surface is coated with Triple-C-Technology coating to ensure long lasting resistance to corrosion and flashy good looks.
Fits the following models:
2007-2013 R56 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Hardtop
2008-2014 R55 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Clubman
2009-2015 R57 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Convertible
2012-2015 R58 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Coupe
2012-2015 R59 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Roadster
The engineers at BILSTEIN have created the ultimate race inspired suspension—the BILSTEIN B16 PSS9/PSS10. This innovative suspension system delivers unsurpassed driving performance.
The manually adjustable damping mono-tube gas shock absorbers feature 10-stage precise compression and rebound settings, from comfort to competition. The threaded body allows accurate adjustability of the front and rear progressive rate springs to achieve the vehicle ride height, center of gravity and level of performance handling desired.
The Bilstein B16 system puts you in complete control, providing the kind of precise suspension tuning formerly available only on race cars. From a weekend of competition to daily driving, this system provides perfect handling performance for every situation.
Features and Benefits:
- Individual settings ranging from maximum Comfort to aggressive Sport can be selected by the twist of a dial (10 on PSS10)
- Threaded body adjustable range of 20 mm at both axles
- Lowering of approx. 30-50 mm at front and rear
- Road-tested and fine-tuned by BILSTEIN ride engineers, under extreme motorsports conditions
- Spring plates and lock nuts made from a special aluminum alloy
- Surface coating using Triple-C-Technology®for long-lasting corrosion resistance
- Round threads for easy adjustment
- Quality sport springs made from highly durable material
- Quality sport springs made from highly durable material
- Gas pressure technology
- BILSTEIN monotube technology, made in Germany
See this video from Bilstein:
Why Bilstein Shock Absorbers?
- Because the valvings are consistent, your set-ups will be more precise
- Bilstein’s larger piston and deflective disc valving develop control force when you need it, at the slightest movement of the suspension. You’ll get weight transfer when you need it, better control under braking and your tires will stay on the track through the rough spots
- Bilstein shocks don’t fade. Your chassis will handle as good at the end of the race as it did at the start
- Bilstein shocks are rugged. They last for years and are rebuildable and revalvable
- When the advantages of Bilstein gas pressure shocks are tallied up, you will have spent less money on shock absorbers and collected more money at the pay window.
The Bilstein Principle
All Bilstein gas pressure struts/inserts and gas pressure shock absorbers operate on the same principle. They are manufactured with the rod pointing down into the strut tube, thereby utilizing the thicker, stouter body portion of the shock absorber to dissipate side loads. Consequently, due to the increased diameter and surface of the pressure tube, the Bilstein gas pressure strut/insert or shock is better suited to take increased side loads when compared with the conventional version.
Additional advantages, based on development strongly influenced by the motorsport industry, include greater stability, better road handling, and accurate steering. This combined with extremely high quality manufacturing and materials, means Bilsteins will last approximately four times as long as Original Equipment.
Battling Heat Build Up
Conventional shocks trap the heat within the shock body and prevent adequate dissipation, making them prone to heat build up, fade and eventual failure.
Bilstein's patented design allows the excessive heat from the oil to transfer to the outer surface of the shock body and dissipate more efficiently. The dividing piston also permits the oil to expand as heat builds, preventing aeration (foaming) and viscosity loss. This allows the shock to maintain full damping characteristics as temperatures rise.
The tube of a Bilstein gas pressure shock or strut is fabricated using a special extrusion method. This process achieves an extremely tight peak-to-valley tolerance and maintains consistent wall thickness. Bilstein's seamless monotube design provides superior tube strength while maximizing heat dissipation and shock life.
Ride Comfort and Performance Without Compromise
The piston head design allows independent tuning of the compression and rebound damping forces to provide optimum ride comfort and performance without compromise. It features fewer parts than most conventional designs. The product's simple, yet exceptionally functional digressive design contributes to the extreme durability and long life of Bilstein Shock Absorbers.
Bilstein's shock bodies are precision formed through a unique seamless extrusion process. This provides superior strength along with high finish tolerances. The shock body is then treated with a special paint finish durable enough to withstand grueling 240-hour salt spray tests. The finished body is mated with a solid, induction-hardened steel chrome plated and polished shaft, machined valving components and highest quality seals.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Bilstein warrants to the original retail purchaser that, for the life of each Gas Pressure Shock, this product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship.
NOTE: Lowering springs will add negative camber to the rear. For best results, you should add adjustable rear control arms to correct the rear camber after lowering your car. If you choose not to correct the rear camber, your rear tires will wear unevenly. Install the rear adjustable control arms and have the alignment corrected.
You can find Mini Cooper Adjustable Rear Control Arms here..
Allow 1-2 weeks for delivery.
See the Mini Cooper Shock and Struts Application Guide for a listing of all non-factory shocks and struts.
See the Mini Cooper Shocks and Struts from Bilstein for a listing of Bilstein shocks and struts.