Side By Side Comparisons of Mini Mania's Classic Mini Rebuilt EnginesFrom Stock to High Speed Race motors, Mini Mania can build you the the engine you've always dreamed about.
This comparison chart is designed to help you see the differences in the engines we offer.
Once you find an engine you are interested in, give us a call and let our expert Tech Staff help you customize and upgrade your engine - from paint color to final drive ratio, preference of A or A+ block, and output types like pot joints or rubber coupler types. Certain upgraded items like limited slip diffs, straight cut gearsets, lightened flywheels or high lift rockers will add to the cost of the unit.
Mini Mania Engine Comparison Tool - 1275 cc
See all 1275cc Engines
Mini Mania Engine Comparison Tool - 1380 cc
See all 1380 Classic Mini Engines
General Information About Our Engines
PLEASE NOTE: Our standard rebuilt 1275 Classic Mini Motor is built for unleaded gas and produces between 65 and 75 horsepower (comparable to original Cooper "S"). Any engine modified above the standard 1275 engine, will of course have greater horsepower.
- All of our Classic Mini Motors are built for unleaded gas.
- The transmission is the rod change linkage type that uses inboard CV joints & 3.44:1 final drive ratio.(Special order units with the older remote shift and yoke outputs are also available!)
- Clutch, flywheel and all covers are in place; it's ready to run!
- These powerunits are built to accept your existing intake/exhaust, cooling and electrical systems.
Upgrades Worth Considering For Both 1275cc and 1380cc Classic Mini New Engines
Our expert mechanics in our Mini Engine Shop can walk you through the steps, suggesting options and performance enhancements to get you the get the classic mini power unit the way you want.
- Rocker Assembly
- Gearbox Shifter
It all depends on what you’re looking for.
More About Our 1275 Engines
Our 1275cc Power Unit is a Classic Mini engine rebuild assembly from Mini Mania and is guaranteed 12 month, 12,000 miles Both the Classic Mini engine and transmission have been rebuilt with our vast experience to insure the right combination of economy and performance; you get good performance at an economical price!
The transmission is the rod change linkage type that uses inboard CV joints & 3.44:1 final drive ratio. (Special order units with the older remote shift and yoke outputs are also available!) Clutch, flywheel, and all covers are in place!
Ready To Install And Run!
Built for unleaded gas, these motors should produce between 65 and 75 horsepower (comparable to original Cooper "S") and are an easy connect to your existing intake/exhaust, cooling and electrical systems.
- Cast Iron cylinder head, stock valves and 1.25 ratio rockers
- Cast Iron pre-Verto flywheel with stock clutch
- Street camshaft with standard lifters
- Simplex timing chain with tensioner
- Rod Change gearbox with 3.44:1 final drive
More About Our 1380 Engines
The "Ultimate Street Performance Engine" from Mini Mania is the result of 30 years of building and racing our fabulous Mini Cooper. Because drivability and reliability are of utmost importance, only components from well-established suppliers are utilized.
These Classic mini motors are ready to bolt in and run, which means, of course, that they are already mated with transmissions.
Our Basic 1380 cc classic Mini motor includes:
- Powermax 73.5mm squeeze-cast pistons
- 10:1 Compression
- Elgin custom ground camshaft driven by a new timing chain and gears.
- A+ Block, Crank, and Rods for best big bore reliability
- Our CAM103 set at 108º for best horsepower
- Aluminum Alloy cylinder head with A+ 'sintered' rocker arms
- Latest Rod-change gearbox with A+ drop gears
- Standard ratio 4-speed with your choice of final drive gears
GET A GREAT DEAL ON USED/TESTED POWERUNITS
We offer pre-owned units that can easily be fitted to all models from 1959 forward. These engines are thoroughly tested by our Mini Mania Engine Shop for compression, oil pressure and blow-by and are an excellent alternative to a rebuilt engine.
1380cc Short Block
We've done the hard work, you can do the final assembly with your favorite head, transmission, and ancillaries.
1380cc DIY Kit
Ideal kit for the Do-It-Yourself engine builder. Special kit includes AE big bore pistons, our special 1380cc camshaft and lifters, +.020 main & rod bearings, and the HIF44 needle that is ideal for the 1380cc engine!
Visit Our Mini Mania Engine Shop
Check Out Our Mini Mania Engine Shop! We’ve expanded our shop to handle our engine building tasks in-house. And don’t forget to watch the video!