NM Engineering Power Module is a device which easily allows most able person to upgrade the performance of their new MINI Cooper F56 without reducing the reliability or integrity of the engine, clutch and driveline. This adds 44HP & 34FT-LB Torque (with 100+ octane fuel). It is the simplest and best alternative to ECU Upgrade or chip tuning.
Fits the following Cooper S models:
2014-2020 F56 MINI Cooper S Hardtop
2015-2020 F55 MINI Cooper S Hardtop 4-Door
2016-2021 F57 MINI Cooper S Convertible
2016-2020 F54 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Compatible with JCW models!
The NM Power Module is an all new propriatery tune box designed specifically for the F56, not some rebranded 3rd party product for the BMWs. It is a plug and play box that intercepts the T-MAP sensor and can be installed or removed within minutes without any detection. The electrical components are housed in a billet aluminum enclosure which is protected from the elements and is designed and manufactured to be positioned within the engine bay of your vehicle. The wire harness is manufactured using automotive quality wiring which is both oil and heat resistant, and has the same OE water proof connectors as used on your engine.
Two position switch:
- LOW: 91+ Premium Fuel (+23HP/+23TQ)
- HIGH: 100+ Octane Fuel (+44HP/+34TQ)
See this article with independent dyno testing.
- Allows ECU to remain in control of boost
- The actual boost is increased by a precise amount
- Boost is increased in a gradual, progressive fashion
- Correct Air/Fuel mixture maintained from the wide band O2 and closed loop mode of the ECU
- Ignition timing optimized by the ECU
- Retain factory engine safety protocols
- Not effected by ECU reprogramming by the dealer
- Plug-and-play intercept at T-MAP sensor connector location
- Installation or removal can be completed in a few minute
- No trace Power Module was ever there after removal
- Power Module can be sold or transfered to another vehicle of the same engine type.
Not to be used with 1.5T engine (Cooper non-S).
OBDII displays actual boost and not compensated, which makes the module compatible with all OBD reader/scanner, such as: Scan Gauge, P3, PLX, Torque Pro, etc.
Take a look at this Power Module Dyno Run video:
See NM Power Module installation instructions here.
NOTE: Some States (like California) have ever tightening requirements for emissions testing and inspections. Always check your local regulations on compliance for street use.