Turbo Heat shield is a must have to prevent hood paint discoloration, scoop warping and underhood heat damage caused by excessive turbocharger heat. And it adds a great underhood finished look to your MINI.
Fits the following Cooper S models:
2007-2013 R56 Cooper S Hatchback
2008-2014 R55 Cooper S Clubman
2009-2014 R57 Cooper S Convertible
2012-2014 R58 Cooper S Coupe
2012-2014 R59 Cooper S Roadster
NOTE: NOT compatible with the new 2014 F56 MINI Hatchback.
The 2007-2010 N14 engine uses a different heat shield from the 2011-2013 N18 engine, select accordingly.
- The M7 Turbo Heat Shield does not completely encase the turbocharger as some have assumed (the turbocharger hot section is actually fully wrapped in its own, factory installed heat shield). The OEM heat shield is ineffective at preventing long term hood paint and hood scoop damage.
- The M7 Turbo Heat Shield is a secondary line of defense acting as an addition to the factory heat shield.
- The M7 Turbo Heat Shield is open on three sides allowing heat to escape down and away from the turbo. Heat rejection is enhanced by the air flow through the radiator. The majority of radiant heat that wants to rise will be reflected down and away from the hood by the M7 insulating turbo heat shield.
- The thermal insulator material reduces the heat transfer up to the underside of the hood making it a perfect way to keep turbo heat from reaching the rest of the engine bay and your hood and hood scoop.
- The M7 heat shield is a very simple installation using two easily accessible factory holes. Installation of the M7 Turbo Heat Shield DOES NOT require you to remove the bolts to the engine's cam cover.
- The addition of the M7 Turbo Heat shield adds a finished look to your engine compartment for that added WOW! effect when you show of your MINI to friends or at a local car show.