INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS GAS CAP UPGRADE
MINI MANIA PART NUMBER NMX1050
Thank you for purchasing the Gas Cap Upgrade from Mini Mania. Below are installation instructions for this kit. Mini Mania is not responsible for any damages incurred during the installation of this part. Mini Mania recommends professional installation.
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE ENTIRE INSTRUCTION SHEET BEFORE PROCEEDING.
The stock gas cap assembly is removed from the outside by releasing 3 hidden clips after loosening the filler neck from underneath the car. Accessing the filler neck requires the removal of the rear tire under the filler cap, and removal of the inner fender panel which is secured by a series of screws, nuts and 'scrivets' (plastic zeus type fastener). Once the filler neck is retracted, and the hidden clips released, the assembly can be released.
1. Open the fuel filler door.
2. Looking at the outside of the filler door, turn the door in a clockwise direction (maybe 10 degrees) to release the latches. The filler door should release from the hinge mechanism.
3. There are 3 clips holding the fuel filler cap assembly in place which need to be released without removing the filler assembly. Using a dull flat tool such as a plastic putty knife, carefully release the clips by sliding the tool inbetween the bodywork and the filler cap assembly. Location of the clips are evident by the indentation within the cap assembly. (They are located at the 1 o'clock, 3 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions.)
These are the clips at the 1 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions:
This is the clip at the 3 o'clock position, notice more structures limiting access to the clip:
4. Remove the wheel & tire to access the inner fender panel.
5. To remove the inner fender panel, locate and remove the following:
a. Remove 1 screw connecting the wheel arch to the side sill.
b. Remove 4 scrivets (plastic screw / fasteners).
c. Remove 2 nuts.
6. Remove inner fender panel.
7. Remove fuel cap.
8. Loosen 2 nuts from fuel filler tube.
9. Pull the fuel filler tube back into the fender well.
10. Remove the fuel filler cap assembly.
11. Install the new filler cab assembly in reverse.