Performance MINI World Premier: The 301 hp 2020 JCW GP
|This is the groundbreaking 301 HP 2020 JCW GP.
MINI has touched every part of this car to create a powerful driving experience while maintaining the highest in MINI quality.
At the Los Angeles Auto Show (22 November to 1 December 2019), the new MINI John Cooper Works GP will be presented to the public for the first time and subsequently produced in a limited edition of 3,000 units at the MINI plant in Oxford. Delivery to racing enthusiasts around the globe will get underway in March 2020.
The updated carbon fiber fender flares not only look crazy (in a good way) but are also useful by stretching the vehicle to cover new tires and wheels and helping with airflow. But the most noticeable change is the giant wing around the back. It actually generates down-force to improve the balance and places more weight on the car's back.
Like the JCW Clubman and Countryman recent update, the 2020 JCW GP features a number of frame changes to improve the car's rigidity. MINI says the result is a more focused feeling through the wheel with higher levels of feedback. Despite the difference in size and weight, the 2020 JCW GP is using the JCW Clubman's same 14 INCH front but in steel for better heat dissipation. This should enable excellent performance on the track as well as fade resistance. Weight has been cut in many respects, adding bigger brakes, additional cooling and frame parts saves around 10 KG or 22 lbs. These vehicles are built so that you can cut 88 lbs out of a GP1 MINI.
The new MINI John Cooper Works GP (combined fuel consumption: 7.3 l/100 km, combined CO2 emissions: 167 g/km) is the fastest model of the British brand that has ever been approved for road use. A 225 kW/306 hp 4-cylinder turbocharged engine accelerates the two-seater model – based on the MINI 3 door – from zero to 100 km/h in just 5.2 seconds.
The new MINI John Cooper Works GP: an overview of the highlights.
• 2.0-litre 4-cylinder engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology, 225 kW/306 hp and 450 Nm.
• 55 kW/75 hp more output than the MINI John Cooper Works.
• Acceleration from zero to 100 km/h in 5.2 seconds, top speed: 265 km/h (not cut off).
• Model-specific oil supply and cooling concept geared towards maximum performance.
• Model-specific sports exhaust system for emotionally powerful sound.
• 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission with integrated mechanical differential lock for the front wheels.
• Distinctive chassis design and set-up, suspension lowered by 10 mm as compared to the MINI John Cooper Works.
• Particularly high-performance sports brake system.
• Extremely rigid body structure, engine and suspension connection.
• Model-specific front and rear aprons.
• Roof spoiler with double-wing contour.
• Powerfully flared carbon wheel arch covers.
• Interior with two seats and model-specific cockpit.
New 2020 Performance 301 HP JCW GP