Nevada City Adventure 2016 - recap
To all the attendees…
To all the sponsors…
And to all those who wanted to make but couldn’t come…
Thanks for making our Nevada City Adventure 2016 the best of them all!
Quick Adventure Highlights
We Saw Some Great Cars. Our Free Dyno Run was a HUGE hit. And our Tech Talk Speakers were over the top good.
- Jerry Tambayong of NM Engineering spoke about “NM Engineering’s new Lightweight Wheels.”
- Henry Bueno of Wagner Tuning spoke about “How Cool are Intercoolers?” .
- Hans Dinse, Assistant Service Manager at Niello MINI Sacramento held a Q&A about “Maintenance & Service Issues.”
- Arric Johnson from JM Turbo Cooper discussed “What is tuning and how to get your money's worth out of upgrades.”
- Gary Pitts, Driving Coach explained the importance of “Getting In Touch With Your Car.” (After Gary’s talk about driving on a course, I think everyone was ready to race.”
Our Nevada City Adventure Contest Winners Were...While everyone at MINI MANIA feels as if we were the biggest winners of all for the great turnout, we did have some contest winners we would like to acknowledge.
Free Dyno Run and ECU Tune up:
Targe Loyd, proud owner of a brand new 2016 MINI Cooper S Clubman. (It was less than a month old. Targe had always wanted a MINI and this was his first. He was very excited to see what it could do.)
Our Free Dyno Run winners were:
Noah Stellhorn 2004 R53, Grass Valley, NV
Chris Neumann, 2005 R52, from Nevada City
Maggie Elorza 2013 Countryman from Reno, NV
Judges Choice Awards:
Daniel Barber and his 2006 Cooper S won for Best MINI.
Dwayne Phillips and his 1969 Classic Mini for Best Classic Mini.
Special Thanks To Our Sponsors:
- Lunch sponsored by Niello MINI
- Video Production by Wagner Tuning
- Dyno Run was sponsored by JM Turbo
- Music was sponsored by Cravenspeed
- Conference Room and PA Systems was provided by Ensemble Designs, Inc.
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse – charity attendee
- And a special thanks to Nick Conklin for his Adventure Tour. It was a blast!