13 Winter Hacks For Your Mini
These 13 tips will get you through the winter season.
1) Clear your foggy windshield with a chalkboard eraser. Completely smear-proof.
2) Use shaving cream as a defogger on the inside of your windows then wipe it off.
3) Fill a sock with cat litter. It will absorb the moisture to help keep your car defogged.
4) Use socks as windshield wipers covers. Raise the wipers and put a pair of socks over them during snow days.
5) If you don't have your ice scraper just use a card in your wallet to remove the ice.
6) Make your own de-icer solution. Mix one tablespoon of dish soap and half a cup of vinegar to a gallon of water. To prevent your mixture from freezing, add one cup of isopropyl alcohol.
7) Use hand sanitizer on your door handle and on your keys if the lock is frozen.
8) Plastic bags will prevent your side mirrors from freezing over. Use rubber bands to secure the bags on the mirrors.
9) Increase your headlights visibility by spreading toothpaste on them and wiping it off with warm water. After, you can use wax to keep ice and snow from sticking for long periods of time.
10) Keep a big bag of cat litter in areas where snow is present. It will give you a bit of traction if you you ever get stuck.
11) Take a penny and use it to check your tire tread. Hold a penny with your fingers pinching Lincoln’s body and then place it in one of the grooves of your tire with the head pointing into it. If the top of the head disappears, then your tires are fine for the winter. But if the treads only reach the top of his head, it's time to buy new tires.
12) Use a car cover. It's one of the best ways to protect your car from the winter weather.
13) Park your car facing east. Since the sun rises in the east this should help to defrost you windshield in the cold mornings.