Peake Reset & Scan Tools
Peake Research Corporation is now in its 19th year of manufacturing and selling high quality, affordable electronic tools for MINIss. Our longevity is due to our long standing commitment to making affordable and easy-to-use diagnostic and reset tools for BMW automobiles. We are pleased to offer the following line of specialty electronic tools for BMW-based Mini Coopers.
Scan/Reset Tool for 2002-2006 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Hatchback, and 2005-2008 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Convertibles..
If you've ever had a 'check engine light' illuminate, you know the uneasy feeling of not knowing the seriousness of the problem. This scan tool will tell you the error code so you can look it up or check with the shop whether it is okay to continue driving.
Compatible with 2002-2006 MINI Hatchbacks, and 2005-2008 MINI Convertibles.
Reads all engine and emissions related fault codes and resets check engine and service engine soon lights. Does NOT reset airbag faults.
- Has your MINI Cooper or Cooper S ever stalled, been slow to start, idled poorly or hesitated during acceleration?
- Has the "Service Engine Soon" come on when everything seemed fine?
- Would you like to be able to verify that all is well before paying big bucks for that smog certification?
- Have you brought your car in to a repair shop with an engine or service light on, received a costly repair bill, and wondered if the repairs and charges were legitimate, or wondered if you could have done it yourself?
If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, you need this tool! Without the NME4020 scan-reset tool, you may be forced into accepting what the repair/service center tells you and charges you. Wouldn't it be great to know exactly what's wrong before you bring your MINI in for a repair? Or, better yet, if you're handy with tools you can avoid the repair shop altogether- run your own diagnostic and fix the problem yourself! That is, if your car even needs a repair.
What is the Engine light trying to tell me?
The Mini's Service Engine Soon light can mean any number of things. Sometimes it's alerting you to the real need for a repair, so the Engine light is something you should never ignore. But quite often it is merely indicating one of many simple problems -- such as a loose coolant or oil cap. Imagine paying a hundred dollars to a repair shop to tighten your radiator cap and reset the Engine light. Without the NME4020, you're stuck staring at your Engine light until you're in the mood to see the mechanic who can reset it. Are you starting to see that the NME4020 makes a lot of financial sense? There's more.
Routine Maintenance Lights
As an added benefit, the NME4020 includes the ability to reset the oil service and inspection lights, routine maintenance lights, and the maintenance mileage countdown indicator. Considering that an oil service for a MINI can sometimes equal the price of the NME4020, this feature alone is worth the price of the NME4020.
Indispensable for Mechanics and MINI Owners
Compact size -- Very easy to use (compares to pumping your own gasoline - it's that easy!)
Inexpensive -- Available for any MINI from 2001 to 2006, both Cooper and Cooper S
Durable -- Built to withstand daily use by professional mechanics. According to our toughest critics (mechanics), we have succeeded with flying colors! At this price, every mechanic can afford at least one.
- Available for Mini Coopers (including S models) built between 2001- 2006.
- Displays all engine fault codes; allowing you to do your own engine diagnostic
- Resets the "Service Engine Soon" light
- Resets the oil service and inspection lights, and service mileage
- Very, very easy to use
- Includes instruction manual and code chart
Note: This tool is for engine or emissions related error codes. It will NOT reset airbag error codes.