Available in White or Checkered patterns in 4" wide stripes.
2002-2006 R50 MINI Cooper and R53 Cooper S Hatchback
2005-2008 R52 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Convertibles
Following two years of extreme weather testing and constant badgering by Mini owners, these unique Magna Guard magnetic hood stripes are finally available.
Constructed of 0.030" magnetic vinyl, they are available in white or checkered flag graphics. Tested at over 120 miles per hour, they are precut for the BMW Mini Cooper & S.
These magnetic bonnet stripes can be easily shortened with scissors to fit Classic Minis as well. Stripes may be removed, swapped, waxed etc. at the owner's discretion.
As with any product used on the finish of your car, take extra care that the bonnet is very clean and free from dust and dirt before application. Remove if the car gets wet for drying - reinstall when everything is dry and clean.
Combine with "John Cooper Signature" (sold separately as part number NMX4061) for one cool look.
1. Make sure that hood is clean, dry, and preferably protected with a good quality wax.
2. Make sure that stripes are dust free prior to installation.
3. Position stripes even with rear adge of hood. Allow 1/2" from windshield washer nozzles and 9 inches from center of MINI crest.
4. Do not allow water to be trapped under stripes. Remove before washing vehicle and after exposure to rain.
5. Dry and store stripes flat or on a magnetic, vertical surface (refrigerator, tool box) when not in use.
6. Stripes may be trimmed with scissors to fit early (non-BMW) Minis.
For those with concerns about the stripes affecting the finish, here are some comments from customers: "LOVE my magnetic stripes. NO problem with them flying off or scratching the paint. I ONLY put them on after I've cleaned up the mini... and enjoy them a few days and take them off when I'm not in the mood."
"I clean both the paint and the magnetic side of the badge very carefully with detailing spray and a microfiber. I also store the magnets very carefully to avoid extra dirt or scratches on the magnetic surface (the side that touches the paint). I've never seen any scratches/dullness."
"i had magnetic stone guards on there before i put on the aero kit, and I've had badges on either side of the license plate on the boot, AND on the 1/4 panel, no issues. Keep the car clean, wash under them and the magnet itself, no worries..."