For the 2002 - 2006 R50 MINI Cooper (non-S) or 2005 - 2008 R52 MINI Cooper Convertible with manual or automatic transmission, for a simple bolt on performance improvement.
K&N Filtercharger Intake System with K&N's high flow filter offers increased air volume and velocity combined with excellent filtration. Designed to increase horsepower and acceleration, the filter is washable and reusable. Lasts up to 50,000 miles before cleaning is required (depending on driving conditions). The filter carries a 10 Year/Million Mile Limited Warranty from K&N. Cooper only.
Although this is not a 'true' cold air intake system, it works just like a cold air intake system as long as the car is moving. When the car is in motion, air to the filter is supplied from the air entering the grille. Hot engine air is pushed back and out of the engine compartment so that is not a worry. Normally aspirated engines like the Cooper is not as sensitive to inlet air temperatures unlike the Cooper S.
* Designed to increase HP and Acceleration
* Engineered to Specific Vehicle Design
* Easy to Install, Usually in 90 minutes or less!
* Lasts up to 100,000 Miles Before Service is Required (depending on driving conditions)
* Million Mile Limited Warranty
* Replaces OEM Filter and Air Box
* Air Filter is Washable and Reusable
* Works with Original Equipment Manufacturer Computer Systems
Manufacturer's Warranty applies.
See Filter Maintenance Kit to care for this filter.
Some Intakes Kits are not legal for street use in California and other states adopting California emission standards while others are CARB exempt and 50 state legal. This product is not CARB exempt.
NOTE: Some states (like California) have ever tightening requirements for emissions testing and inspections. Always check your local regulations on compliance for street use.