These Suspension Upgrade kits blends the racing performance experience of Mini Mania with the demands of the enthusiastic MINI street and track driver. Based on the Bilstein Shocks and Coilovers, these kits are intended for the more performance oriented drivers, street friendly but 'track ready'.
Lowered center of gravity with correct dampening and a larger rear bar provides:
- Improved turn-in response
- Flatter cornering
- Neutral cornering without understeer
Fits the following models:
2014-2020 F56 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Hardtop
2015-2020 F55 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Hardtop 4-Door
NOTE: NOT for Minis with Dynamic Damper Control.
The Stage Kits vary depending on the type of Bilstein Struts & Shocks:
- Stage 3 with Bilstein B6 HD - for improved handling and ride control without sacrificing comfort
- Stage 3 with Bilstein B8 Sport - for lowered cars delivering a sport ride with remarkable comfort
- Stage 4 with Bilstein B14 PSS - allows adjustable vehicle ride height without the expense of a fully adjustable damping system
- Stage 4 with Bilstein B16 PSS10 - manually adjustable damping feature 10-stage precise compression and rebound settings, from comfort to competition
THE STAGE KITS
Each Kit includes:
- Bilstein Struts & Shocks (Stage 3)
- NM Lowering Springs (Stage 3)
- Bilstein Coilovers (Stage 4)
- NM Engineering 25mm Rear Anti-Sway Bar
- NM Engineering Adjustable Rear Sway Bar Drop Links
- NM Engineering Adjustable Rear Control Arms
- Under Chassis Brace system (Stage 4 only)
MINI did a wonderful job with the handling on the new 3rd generation F-series MINI, but their design is on the conservative side to appeal to the widest segment of the market. This leaves room for improvement for the 'enthusiast' type driver.
When we talk about 'improving' the suspension, we always begin with a larger rear sway bar. This upgrade reduces the inherent 'understeer' built into the car for safety and provides a more 'balanced' car. This allows you to carry more speed into and out of the corner while keeping the car 'flatter' in the corners. The Adjustable Drop Links replaces the factory 'plastic' units for reliability and adjustability. The Under Chassis Brace (Stage 4 only) adds chassis stiffness to better maintain the suspension geometry for improved handling.
The Bilstein Shocks with Lowering Springs or Coilovers lower the center of gravity and keeps the tires planted on the road. Some versions are height adjustable with some versions offering variable damper settings.
Anytime the MINI is lowered, the rear negative camber is greatly increased and needs to be corrected. This is the reason for the Adjustable Rear Control Arms included in this kit. These kits includes one pair of the adjustable arms which will allow you to correct the rear camber.
- Because the valvings are consistent, your set-ups will be more precise
- Bilstein’s larger piston and deflective disc valving develop control force when you need it, at the slightest movement of the suspension. You’ll get weight transfer when you need it, better control under braking and your tires will stay on the track through the rough spots
- Bilstein shocks don’t fade. Your chassis will handle as good at the end of the race as it did at the starT
- Bilstein shocks are rugged. They last for years and are rebuildable and revalvable
- When the advantages of Bilstein gas pressure shocks are tallied up, you will have spent less money on shock absorbers and collected more money at the pay window
NM LOWERING SPRINGS (Stage 3 only)
NM Engineering's RS Alpha progressive rate spring kits provide a responsive ride, sharper handling characteristics and lowered ride height. Using exacting spring rates and precision manufacturing techniques, RSa springs provide a more pleasurable motoring experience.
Front: 33mm (1.30")
Rear: 31mm (1.22")
Front: 30mm (1.2")
Rear: 30mm (1.2")
Drop rates may slightly vary depending on transmission type and fuel level.
25mm HEAVY WALL TUBE GT REAR ANTI-SWAY BAR
Front wheel drive cars naturally understeer from the factory, even the MINIs. The NM Engineering 25mm Rear Anti Sway Bar improves your F-chassis MINI by improving rotation and increasing the car handling predictability.
NM Eng Anti Sway Bar features:
- mandrel bent solid chromoly bar providing consistent diameter through out for precise torsioning motion
- forged ends (not cheaply welded plate) with two adjustment mounting holes
- billet 7075-T6 aerospace grade sway bar bracket
- 90° Zerk fitting for ease of re-greasing
- graphite impregnated urethane bushing
- glossy blue powder coat finish
- 3-way adjustable preload
REAR SWAY BAR ADJUSTABLE DROP LINKS
MINI cuts cost by equipping the new F55/56 with links made from plastic. It may be sufficient for factory 17-18mm hollow bar but it will not perform optimumly when paired with the larger 22mm Solid Anti Sway Bar. NM ALL METAL Sway Bar Links are far more superior by providing these following benefits:
- Replacement of factory weak plastic links
- Provide direct sway bar feedback
- Adjustable to 15mm shorter than factory length to accomodate extreme suspension drop
- Can compensate sway bar pre-load from poorly manufactured sway bars (uneven arms)
Key features includes:
- Heavy duty ball joints with Teflon® lining
- Stainless Steel Spacers
- Grade 10.9 Trailing Arm Bolts
ADJUSTABLE REAR CONTROL ARMS
Introducing the newly redesigned NM Engineering Control Arm kit. While others use 1" diameter 6061 aluminum material, NM machines our control arms utilizing aerospace grade 7075-T6 1 1/4" hex aluminum bars, finished with titanium tint Type III / Mil-Spec Anodize. The use of larger material provides rigidity and strength of steel bar but without the weight.
NM Control Arm Kit also features precision heavy duty rod ends made from heat treated hardened steel with self lubricating nylon race. The threaded rod ends allow user to dial the suspension camber to desired specs, crucial for the weekend track enthusiasts and professional racers. T-303 stainless steel is used for the spacers to avoid any flexing and crushing caused by suspension load.
Optional Rubber Rod End Boot Kit protects the rod ends against dirt and grime that may cause performance noise. Available separately.
UNDER CHASSIS BRACE (Stage 4 only)
The 2014 MINI hatchback known as the F56 is just a bit bigger, heavier, and longer, so it should be no surprise that it is not as stiff resulting in more chassis flex. Look, the handling is still good, but it can easily be improved.
The 'Big Pair' Under Chassis Brace improves overall handling of the F56 MINI Cooper by reducing the twisting motion that accompanies torsional loading of the chassis in corners. Point is; if you are hitting the corners hard you'll notice better steering response, better turn-in, rotation and even reduced under steer when you want it.
The 'Big Pair' Under Chassis Brace uses your factory hardware. Just grab a wrench, get down under the MINI and bolt them on, then hit the road.
- Includes both front and rear chassis braces.
- The braces are beefy, machined from billet aluminum instead of bent sheet metal like the stock members.