32mm 6-point 3/8 drive Low Profile Socket for removing Oil Filter Cartridge.
For the following models:
2014-2020 F56 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Hardtop
2015-2020 F55 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Hardtop 4-Door
2016-2021 F57 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Convertible
2016-2020 F54 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Clubman
Remember to use sythetic motor oil.
Many feel the factory interval is too long and they change their oil and filter once if not twice between the recommended interval.
We recommend you change the engine oil more frequently than the factory recommendation. Turbochargers on the 2nd generation MINIs seemed to have more trouble-free miles when the oil is changed more frequently and we suspect the same will hold true for the 3rd generation F model MINIs. We suggest 5000-7500 mile oil change interval.
- Regularly check the engine oil leve after refueling
- FULL SYNTHETIC motor oil with API SM or superior grade specification
- BMW longlife-01 or BMW Longlife-01 FE
- Viscosity Grades SAE 0W-40, 0W-30, 5W-40, AND 5W-30
- NO oil additives
Dispose of the used oil and filter properly, please! And wipe that oil off the driveway before you track it into the house!
If you are performing the oil change, you will need the following tools:
- This 32mm socket for the oil filter housing
- A 13mm socket for the oil filter housing drain plug
- A 17mm socket for the engine oil drain plug
- An a ratchet, extension, and maybe a universal joint
- Oil Filter Housing 25Nm or 18.4 ft-lbs
- Filter Housing Oil Drain Plug 5NM or 3.7 ft-lbs or 44.5 INCH-lbs
- Oil Pan Drain Plug 20Nm or 14.8 ft-lbs
NOTES ON ENGINE OILS
The MINI Service Information M11 01 15 dated December 2015 recommends the following engine oils: