This is the MINI factory underbody panel that protects the under side of the engine. Also referred to as the sump guard, skid plate, or belly pan.
This 'bolt-on' panel adds protection to the 'exposed' underside of the engine. There are numerous vents and slats to allow proper airflow under the engine. For oil changes, the 'speed screws' makes it simple to remove the panel.
Designed for the 2013 GP model, this panel can be fitted to the following models:
2007-2013 R56 MINI Cooper S Hardtop
2008-2014 R55 MINI Cooper S Clubman
2009-2015 R57 MINI Cooper S Convertible
Although not listed on the application chart, we have heard owners installing this panel on the following models with slightly different hardware in some places.:
2012-2015 R58 MINI Cooper S Coupe
2012-2015 R59 MINI Cooper S Roadster
Includes the panel and factory hardware for installation (you will re-use some of the old hardware as well).
NOTE: This panel bolts right up on the above models with the Manual Transmission (no permanent modifications to the car). On the models with the Automatic Transmission, the transmission oil pan touches the panel so a slight trimming on one of the raised vents is recommended (but not required). Trim about 1/4" using a dremel tool or similar.
- From underneath the car, remove factory splash shield on the passenger side (you will need to transfer two of the speed screws to the new panel.
- Install the body clips to the chassis at the locations shown below.
- Install the body nuts to the chassis at the locations shown below.
- For models with the automatic transmission, test fit to see where the panel contacts the transmission pan (see red box below). Trim as necessary (about 1/4").
- The tab at the front center slips into the back of the spoiler, then secure all the screws.