DescriptionBILSTEIN B12 PRO-KIT
For drivers wanting precision handling and superb driver comfort and satisfaction, while seeking out more curves to conquer. This kit provides accurate response, excellent performance and predictable control.
If you’re looking for the perfect combination of sport dynamics, superior appearance and high performance for your car, you’re on the right track with the BILSTEIN B12 Pro-Kit. This suspension kit provides a dramatic increase in your vehicle's performance handling characteristics and is designed for drivers wanting precision control and superb driver comfort, while seeking out more curves to conquer.
Fits the following models:
2011-2016 R60 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Countryman
2013-2016 R61 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Paceman
This kit will lower your car 25-30mm.
• Professional Cornering System (PCS)
• Precise response, excellent performance and predictable control
• Lowering up to 30mm front and 20mm rear
• Provides for a lower, action-ready looking vehicle
• BILSTEIN damper and EIBACH Pro-Kit performance spring road-tested and fine-tuned to perfectly complement each other
Features of the B12 Pro-Kit:
• BILSTEIN monotube gas pressure technology
• BILSTEIN inverted tube technology eliminates rod flex and provides unmatched lateral stability
• EIBACH application specific progressive rate performance springs
Why Bilstein Shock Absorbers?
- Because the valvings are consistent, your set-ups will be more precise
- Bilstein’s larger piston and deflective disc valving develop control force when you need it, at the slightest movement of the suspension. You’ll get weight transfer when you need it, better control under braking and your tires will stay on the track through the rough spots
- Bilstein shocks don’t fade. Your chassis will handle as good at the end of the race as it did at the start
- Bilstein shocks are rugged. They last for years and are rebuildable and revalvable
- When the advantages of Bilstein gas pressure shocks are tallied up, you will have spent less money on shock absorbers and collected more money at the pay window.
The Bilstein Principle
All Bilstein gas pressure struts/inserts and gas pressure shock absorbers operate on the same principle. They are manufactured with the rod pointing down into the strut tube, thereby utilizing the thicker, stouter body portion of the shock absorber to dissipate side loads. Consequently, due to the increased diameter and surface of the pressure tube, the Bilstein gas pressure strut/insert or shock is better suited to take increased side loads when compared with the conventional version.
Additional advantages, based on development strongly influenced by the motorsport industry, include greater stability, better road handling, and accurate steering. This combined with extremely high quality manufacturing and materials, means Bilsteins will last approximately four times as long as Original Equipment.
Battling Heat Build Up
Conventional shocks trap the heat within the shock body and prevent adequate dissipation, making them prone to heat build up, fade and eventual failure.
Bilstein's patented design allows the excessive heat from the oil to transfer to the outer surface of the shock body and dissipate more efficiently. The dividing piston also permits the oil to expand as heat builds, preventing aeration (foaming) and viscosity loss. This allows the shock to maintain full damping characteristics as temperatures rise.
The tube of a Bilstein gas pressure shock or strut is fabricated using a special extrusion method. This process achieves an extremely tight peak-to-valley tolerance and maintains consistent wall thickness. Bilstein's seamless monotube design provides superior tube strength while maximizing heat dissipation and shock life.
Ride Comfort and Performance Without Compromise
The piston head design allows independent tuning of the compression and rebound damping forces to provide optimum ride comfort and performance without compromise. It features fewer parts than most conventional designs. The product's simple, yet exceptionally functional digressive design contributes to the extreme durability and long life of Bilstein Shock Absorbers.
Bilstein's shock bodies are precision formed through a unique seamless extrusion process. This provides superior strength along with high finish tolerances. The shock body is then treated with a special paint finish durable enough to withstand grueling 240-hour salt spray tests. The finished body is mated with a solid, induction-hardened steel chrome plated and polished shaft, machined valving components and highest quality seals.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Bilstein warrants to the original retail purchaser that, for the life of each Gas Pressure Shock, this product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship.
NOTE: Lowering springs will add negative camber to the rear. For best results, you should add adjustable rear control arms to correct the rear camber after lowering your car. If you choose not to correct the rear camber, your rear tires will wear unevenly. Install the rear adjustable control arms and have the alignment corrected.
You can find Mini Cooper Adjustable Rear Control Arms here..
Allow 1-2 weeks for delivery.
See the Mini Cooper Shock and Struts Application Guide for a listing of all non-factory shocks and struts.
See the Mini Cooper Shocks and Struts from Bilstein for a listing of Bilstein shocks and struts.