Mini Countryman and Paceman Brake Upgrade Kits! For the performance minded driver, these kits include upgraded components for more 'spirited' driving. Kit includes front and rear rotors, pads, and sensors.
Fits the following models:
2011-2016 R60 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Countryman
2013-2016 R61 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Countryman
These kits includes:
- Stoptech Slotted Brake Rotors
- EBC Yellowstuff street / track Brake Pads
- MINI OEM Brake Sensors
Select Cooper or Cooper S.
Excessive heat can cause resins in your brake pad to vaporize or "outgas." As the brake pad wears, the used friction material turns into a fine dust. This boundary layer of heat, gas and dust builds up between the pad and rotor surfaces and inhibits performance. Here's where StopTech SportStop slotted brake rotors make a big difference. StopTech SportStop Slotted Brake Rotors are a true performance rotors.
Stoptech Slotted Rotors
- Power Alloy castings
- Engineered Performance Rotor
- Superior resistance to cracking due to thermal stress
- Increased molybdenum (higher carbon)content that extends reliability, service life and helps reduce NVH “noise” issues
- Rotor material is a direct descendant of the patented AeroRotor from StopTech
- Introducing directional curve vane design
- Improved vane design or OE equivalent on all rotors
- Center split castings
- New short slot design runs perpendicular to the vane to preserve rotor strength.
- Direct OE Replacement
- Improved wet weather response
- Increased initial “bite”
- Double disc ground for a consistent friction surface and Improved pad bed-in
- Mill balanced
- Black E-Coated non-friction surfaces on “Power Alloy” rotors
- Enhances open wheel appearance
EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads
Although a full race material and capable of high temperature use with very good wear life, this new formulation sets a new trend in race type brake pad compounds that can be used on the highway. The “bite” from cold is superb which is uncommon with race materials (normally requiring warm-up) and makes this a pad which can be safely used on both street and track.
This new formulation has been used by numerous championship race and rally drivers and is truly a milestone in brake pad material development. Nominal friction coefficient 0.5 with zero rotor damage and similar dust to original pads.
- Grip Positively From Cold To Blistering Temperatures
- Pre-Selected For Race Use Or Truck/SUV Street Use
- Strong Resistance To Fade Under Load
- Totally Resistant To Rotor Vibration
- Shimmed; Chamfered; And Slotted
- Features EBC Brake-In Coating For Fast Break In
- Accepts factory brake wear sensor
Brakes are a safety critical part of your vehicle and should be installed by a competent mechanic following vehicle manufacturers installation procedure. The surface of these brake pads is coated with a red coating known as BRAKE-IN. This coating helps your newly installed brake pads to 'seat' or bed-in quickly. However, pads should be used gently for the first 100 miles until optimum braking is observed.
Rotors should be replaced with new when installing new brake pads. Failure to do so can result in brake noise as well as reduced braking efficiency. Avoid contamination of pad surface with any forms of grease that you may use to lubricate caliper sliders.
MINI recommends Brake Fluid replacement every 2 years to maintain the optimum performance of the ABS brake system. For High Performance Brake Fluids, see the following:
For 'standard' replacement Brake Fluid, see Mini Cooper Brake Fluid Pentosin DOT4.