BENEFITS OF THE WAGNER MINI COOPER PERFORMANCE INTERCOOLER
Mini Cooper Performance Intercooler Upgrade from Wagner is designed to:
- improve efficiency.
- lower combustion temperatures.
- reduce power loss from excessive intake temperatures.
The NET RESULT - more power at the wheels!
HOW AN INTERCOOLER ENHANCES YOUR MINI’S PERFORMANCE
Have you noticed how your Turbo engine seems more powerful and responsive in cold weather? As the inlet temperature is reduced, the air becomes 'more dense' packing a greater number of O2 molecules, which results in a more powerful combustion.
This nets more horsepower to the wheels. Now you can have similar performance even on warmer sunny days with this intercooler upgrade
THE FINE DETAILS OF INTERCOOLER PERFORMANCE UPGRADE
Technically, the Intercooler upgrade does not 'add' horsepower, but it reduces the losses which results in a net power gain at the wheels. The engine basically 'retains' the horsepower normally lost to high inlet temperatures.
The difference is pronounced on warmer days where normally, the car would feel 'sluggish'. If you live in colder climates (ie Alaska) - this may not be a cost-effective upgrade. But if you have warm climate or hot summers, it's worth it!
FITS THE FOLLOWING 2011+ COOPER S MODELS:
2011-2013 R56 MINI Cooper S Hardtop
2011-2014 R55 MINI Cooper S Clubman
2011-2015 R57 MINI Cooper S Convertible
2012-2015 R58 MINI Cooper S Coupe
2012-2015 R59 MINI Cooper S Roadster
2011-2016 R60 MINI Cooper S Countryman
2013-2016 R61 MINI Cooper S Paceman
Three versions available:
- Performance version for 2007-2010 pre-facelift models
- Performance version for 2011+ facelift models
- Competition version for 2011+ models
NOTE: The 2011+ Performance version is the same dimensions as the 2011+ Competition Version.
The difference is in the core design where the Competition unit uses a more efficient Tube-Fin Core.
MINI COOPER S INTERCOOLER KIT:
- High-performance Intercooler Core with turbulators in a stepped design
- Size 550x110x90 / 550x210x30, 6435cm³ volume (OEM 540x65x85mm, 2.984cm ³ volume)
- Cast aluminum CAD optimized Endtanks for best possible Internal Airflow
- Intercooler uses the original mounting points
- ~220% larger frontal area, compared to OEM intercooler
- ~280% greater volume than Factory intercooler
- Anti Corrosion protective coating with perfect thermal heat dissipation character
- Simple installation
ABOUT WAGNER TUNING
Founded in 1993 in Germany, the company started off as a speed shop in 2007 and transformed into a manufacturing and designing shop for intercooler ,downpipes, intakes and exhaust manifolds. With the business doing great in Germany and the high demand for products here in the states, they decided to open up a US office located in California to stock products reducing delivery times.
Using only the best technology to design products, the Faro 7axis scan arm with laser scanner and stratasys rapid prototype printer and the latest cad & fem Software is utilized to develop quality products. This way every product design is 100% accurate on fitment and allows the largest inter-coolers that can fit without major modifications to your vehicle. Product development is performed here in the states with complete in house design and engineering capabilities.
Product comes with a 5-year manufacturer's limited warranty.
NOTE: UNDER CALIFORNIA STATE LAW THIS PRODUCT IS NOT LEGAL FOR STREET USE.