Yakima Fullback - a fresher take on the classic hatch mount rack, the FullBack securely holds your bike, is simple to use, stores easily, installs easily, and is easy on the wallet. The construction is rugged, the modern design is as cool as your ride, a locking package deters bike theft, and there’s a built-in bottle opener.
Compatible with the following models:
2002-2006 R50 MINI Cooper and R53 Cooper S Hardtop
2007-2013 R56 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Hardtop
2011-2016 R60 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Countryman
2013-2016 R61 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Paceman
2014-2020 F56 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Hardtop
2015-2020 F55 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Hardtop 4-Door
Available in 2 or 3 bike versions. Make selection.
- New SuperCush ZipStrip™ cradles secure the bikes and make loading and unloading a breeze
- ZipStrips™ secure bikes to the rack and are fully removable
- Modern design delivers an improved fit and looks awesome
- Bomber external frame holds tough, cushy padding protects your paint
- Full SKS locking package secures rack to vehicle, bikes to rack to help prevent theft
- Simple installation with an interlocking HUB that aligns key adjustment points
- Four-strap attachment is intuitive and easy
- Compact for easy storage
- Premium high-gloss finish
- Yakima signature bottle opener lets you enjoy a post-ride cold one
- Easy number dial makes installation simple
- Bumper or Hatch to Base Pad: 4 1/2"
- Arm to Ground: 52 1/2"
- Bike to Car Clearance: 14"
- Hub setting: 3
- Outer/lower support frame rests on the lower portion of the license plate or well. When bikes are loaded, re-tension straps to ensure base pads only make contact with the vertical surface of the well or plate.
- Do not use rear wiper when carrier is installed.
- Route top strap underneath rear spoiler on some vehicles.
- Yakima trunk mounted racks weight limit for 2 bikes is 60 lbs. / 3 bikes is 90 lbs.
- The upper and lower hooks must be changed and installed in anchor mode. See instructions for anchor mode implementation.
- The headliner on this vehicle may deform or be damaged under prolonged contact with this rack in anchor mode.
See Yakima Fullback Installation Instructions.
Halfback vs. Fullback - What's the Difference?
Aside from the finish and look of the rack itself, the main difference between the Halfback and the Fullback is the Fullback includes the SKS locking package that secures rack to vehicle, bikes to rack to help prevent theft. The Halfback does not include the locking package.
See product video
The Yakima Story
Here at Yakima we believe in connecting you, your friends, family and all your favorite gear to your desired destination or activity. Doesn’t matter if you are headed out for camping, biking, fishing, to the cabin for the weekend or taking the family on a holiday road trip, Yakima believes that any life adventure, regardless of the destination, creates shared experiences and memories for you, your family and friends. When the road winds back home, the memories and connections with friends and family remain long after the trip is over. Yakima will handle all your gear, freeing up car space, so you can Take More Friends.
Regardless of your destination or adventure, Yakima helps get you, your friends and all your gear there , allowing you to focus on what really matters—creating memories to last a lifetime.
If you have a bike with the step-thru / Ladies frame or bikes with slanted top tubes (like full suspension mountain bikes), you will need the Yakima Tube Top to simplify loading your bike on these racks.