2002-2006 R50 MINI Cooper and R53 Cooper S Hatchback
2005-2008 R52 MINI Cooper and S Convertibles
Parts included are:
1 ea Right Defender Plate
1 ea Left Defender Plate
6 ea Hex Nuts
6 ea Small Washers
6 ea Large Washers
6 ea Custom Bolt Adapters
Tools Required are:
9/16” Deep Socket
1. Remove 3 factory nuts from the top of each strut tower using your ½” socket and wrench
2. Drop one of the small washers onto each of the exposed bolts.
3. Twist the included bolt adapters onto the protruding bolts on the two strut towers.
4. Use the deep 9/16 socket and torque wrench to tighten the adapters to 25 FT/LBS.
5. Notice the left and right plates are different; the logo will be on the windshield side.
6. Line up the plate with the adapter closest to the windshield and slide it down ¼ inch.
7. Turn the plate to line up the other two holes and press straight down.
8. Drop one of the large washers on top of the plate around each bolt.
9. Notice that the hex nuts have one flat and one concave side; use them flat side down for steps 10 and 11.
10. Use the 7/8” socket to torque the hex nuts to 25 FT/LBS.
11. Repeat process on the opposite strut tower.